I've been a little quiet lately, because work is driving me nuts. I come home from a nice wonderful vacation, only to double time it to the next deadline!
But hey, in my downtime, I'm here, sitting at my craft table, surrounded by my bestest and furriest buds, creating!
Today is another great challenge over at 3 Girl Jam!
The challenge is being sponsored by Saturated Canary.
Chances to Win
Yes! You read that correctly....So, you will definitely want to participate!
My little project has a story.
It's been a long time since I had a little girl. And I had a girly girl. All pink and lace and glitter.
But no more. She's all grown up and even more spectacular...Here's a couple recent pictures of her over our vacation. She makes me smile. What a free and lovely spirit. With such passion and goals for a free world. I admire that in her.
Oh, but back to my story! (I was day dreaming about vacation...sorry)
As I said, she was such a girly girl and when I saw THIS digital stamp from Saturated Canary, I knew I had to make something with it.
You see, it is not only the sweetest girl all dressed up, but she dressed up her little friend too.
This is exactly what my daughter did when she was little. It drove our dogs, Bonnie, Clyde, and Shara absolutely bonkers. Clyde, our most gentle pooch, endured it, because he just loved the attention. She would dress up in her little Sunday dresses, white socks with fun lace, little black shiny shoes and twirl, dance, and sing...all the while making our dogs participate!
Another of her favorite activities was coloring. So, I combined my memories and created the little note book. Sigh. But isn't it pretty?
Quick and Easy Pocket Book Tutorial
(1) Go find yourself a great cover image!
(2) Consider your color scheme and gather up your favorite papers, texture, embellishments, and FUN!
(3) Color the image!
(4) Cut your card stock at 5.5" x 8.5"
(5) Cut the internal papers at 5.25" x 8.25"
(6) Score both in 1/2.
(7) Finish decorating the front of your book-to-be!
(8) Insert the internal papers into the book. Measure the center at the binding (you'll be threading ribbon to bind the book)
(9) Find yourself some coordinating Crinkle Ribbon for the binding.
(10) Punch holes, thread the ribbon and tie. The following pictures give you an idea on how I bound the book.
Now Go Make Something Spectacular!